Thursday, February 16, 2012

New Music reviews and such

And with another year comes another purpose for this blog. It's now my spot for opinions and announcements of albums that are coming out.

So, I just heard that the indie rock band Sleigh Bells is coming out with their sophomore record, Reign of Terror. The band mixes hardcore-esque guitars over machine gun beats and the sultry shouts of the female lead singer. I really liked the sound of their first album, Treats, and look forward to this new LP.

Besides that, Shlohmo, one of my favorite garage artists, dropped the EP Vacation on Alpha Pup/FoF earlier this month. I can't wait to give that one a listen.

Currently, I've been hooked on listening to Jonwayne's Bowser and the new EP from Japanese DJ Conflict, Yellow Beat.

Also, Heath Mcnease, one of my favorite rappers, is dropping his newest LP, Thrift Store Jesus, soon. Can't wait.

New Sleigh Bells track, "Comeback Kid"
New Heath McNease track, "Natural Disaster Baptism"
New Conflict track, "Space Suit"
New Shlohmo track, "wen uuu"


~Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment